OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Announcing the official OpenSprinkler Firmware 2.1.0 Reply To: Announcing the official OpenSprinkler Firmware 2.1.0

bwshockley
Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to update my DIY v2.2 OpenSprinkler to firmware v 2.1.0 via a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.10.

I’m trying to follow instructions via this video: https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000381694-video-update-opensprinkler-firmware

And I’m using the links in the video for Updater 2.0, Mac Driver CH341SER, and the instructions there.  I have ensured that the Updater is not blocked by Mac system security.  I am able to download the latest Firmware using the Updater just fine, but if I click “Detect Hardware” it simply states it failed and selecting my hardware/firmware combination from the dropdown lists and choose “Upload Firmware” results in the following Error Log:

====== Sun Oct 26 14:18:40 2014 ======

avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “unknown”: No such file or directory

ioctl(“TIOCMGET”): Inappropriate ioctl for device

avrdude done.  Thank you.

====== Sun Oct 26 14:18:40 2014 ======

Error uploading firmware.

I also use AVRDUDE when I’m programming with my Arduino and various Arduino compatible hardware.  Not sure if that is an issue.

Just to clarify, since I’m on hardware 2.2, I do not need to enter Bootloader mode, correct?

Thanks,

Ben