OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Monthly Adjust Plugin Reply To: Monthly Adjust Plugin

tom
Participant

While we are looking at this, it would be nice to have the ability to do finer adjustments based on additional sensors.  For example, I notice that a section of lawn gets a lot of shade in the winter, but not in the summer.  I’m toying with the idea of setting up a security camera system that would be able to see the amount of sunlight on the lawn, and adjust the time on that zone by the amount of sunlight falling on the lawn.  Or looking at the color of the lawn to detect whether it needs more water or not.

Lots of possibilities for fine-tuning the zone; it would be nice to have the tools to plug in different ideas and see how they work.

And I sure would like to carry over the Arduino version’s “Program” logic to the OSPI.  I was very happy with the Arduino Program capability, and was hoping to move over to the OSPI version.  But I’m not sure I will be able to use the OSPI version for “production” use with the current OSPI program logic.  Maybe I don’t understand it, but it’s just too complicated to set up 22 zones and 22 start times individually on a grid of 7 days.

It would be nice to have compatibility between the OSPI and Arduino programs so that we could export configurations from one and import to another.  We could save these configurations so that we could look back and see what was used in the past, and what monthly adjustments were applied with what results.  So, the log data becomes important, as well.

If we split into a new approach for monthly adjust for each version, then we have to reinvent all the neat things we can do with smarter irrigation monitoring for each version.