March 20, 2015 at 7:45 pm #36146
Found it. I was directed to this post
I misremembered thinking it was a simple apt-get command.
So, here is the recipe I used for my Raspberry Pi version 2 B:
- Format an SD card as Fat32
- Download, unzip and copy the current full Noobs to the SD
- Follow the instructions here http://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/
- Assuming that you have a monitor and keyboard connected…
- When you get to the point of the Noobs install that asks you what things to install choose ONLY Debian (Raspian?)
- When you get to the point where the text based raspberry config program runs (The config runs automatically on first boot.), remember to…
- Set your time zone in the Localization section.
- Enable SSH.
- Change your default password.
- Change your Host name (optional)
- Get your network working so you can successfully browse the web
- Did you notice at this point that this is a rather good personal computer for surfing and stuff?
- Browse to The First Link in this Post and under the section titled “Upgrade OSPi/OSBo to Firmware 2.1.3” do step 1, 2 and 4.
- you are skipping step 3 because this is a fresh install.