OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) New Unified Firmware and OSPi Reply To: New Unified Firmware and OSPi

Dan in CA
Participant

A very interesting suggestion!

Python is used as a scripting language with many types of programs.

In fact, before Ray introduced the first OSPi board, I had written some Python code to control the Arduino based  OpenSprinkler from a Raspi. There is still a post on my (currently neglected) blog about it:

http://xperimentia.com/2012/12/14/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-to-work-with-opensprinkler/

I will give this some thought and try some experiments to see what can be done. Probably many/most of the current plugins would need to be re-written. It would be nice to let Ray take care of the core functionality and I could spend more time working on plugins to add new capabilities. My original goal was to have a system that can be easily modified.

As we enter a fourth year of extreme drought here in California the State Water Resources board is starting to implement some strict water use restrictions. It is an interesting time to be tinkering with irrigation software.

Dan