OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Intermittent Issues HW ver 2.3 Reply To: Intermittent Issues HW ver 2.3

Ray
Keymaster

First of all, the second MAC address ’00:69:69:2d:31:00′ indicates that you have gone back to an earlier firmware, which uses software MAC address. That MAC address is a software-defined address. OpenSprinkler 2.3 uses a hardware MAC, and all recent firmwares support the hardware MAC chip.

Second, since there is only one firmware (2.1.3) that we’ve released for OpenSprinkler hardware 2.3, if you have gone back to an earlier version of firmware, that must have been an incorrect firmware (i.e. for a different microcontroller or frequency). That explains the LCD issue.

I just realized that we haven’t even updated the Firmware Updater to support OpenSprinkler 2.3 (because all OpenSprinkler 2.3 are shipped with the latest firmware 2.1.3 already). So if you’ve ever updated the firmware, you would not be able to recover it. We will release the new Firmware Updater right away to address this.

So in summary, I think the issue you’ve seen is due to flashing an incorrect firmware.