I’ve fixed an issue (pull request 18) with detection of expansion boards that looks like it was introduced in 2.1.0.
I was hoping that this fix would correct another issue I’m having and that is the LCD display doesn’t show status E1:______O__ for stations 9-16 when they’re running. It could be that I just messed up the construction (custom ATMega1284, 20MHz with an 8 station expander on board), but it does turn on the correct stations on the expansion and I enabled serial debugging and annotated the detection code and it returns 1 now, not -1.
If you think the problem is my hardware, I’ll investigate further but at this point I’m pretty sure it’s a software issue. I’ll continue to plug away on my end, but if you can help I’ll be very grateful.