OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Penmen-Monteith ETo method python script for possible use as weather script Reply To: Penmen-Monteith ETo method python script for possible use as weather script

hplato
Participant

Hi Shawn,

Thank you so much for the response. I just got the OS a month ago, and new to overall irrigation.

That makes sense, I’ll zero out the ET parameters once I start this. I think I understand your comments, but just to confirm;

– so the 1mm file, I don’t have a water meter so I thought I’d get a few buckets around the area, run the sprinkler for 10 minutes, and then measure the average water and do the math?
– my stations right now just start once in the schedule. why would there be multiple start times?
– that makes perfect sense about disabling watering during the rain. That’s what I’m trying to figure out on my home automation interface, since we are getting a lot of rain, but want one station to run all non-rainy evenings as we have some new plants.

Do you run this script once a day? That would definitely save on WU calls. I see right now that the OS calls ~40 times a day, so there is headroom. I was thinking about either running this every 10 minutes to also populate weather details in my home automation system, or run it once a day at sunset, since all my watering is at night.