OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Using Open sprinkler to control a peristaltic pump to chlorinate my pool Reply To: Using Open sprinkler to control a peristaltic pump to chlorinate my pool

Anonymous
Inactive

SO the chlorinating has been working very well. I had one time this summer where the controller just shut down. I could not connect on my phone, and I had to reset the power to the unit. Otherwise, its been rock solid and I have really been enjoying it.

Last weekend, I got a helper and dug up an existing valve. I added another valve to my system that will be my pool fill line. I tied it into my waterfall pump discharge piping. I don’t have it wired yet, but I will manually alter the time that the system adds water each day, until I get a good handle on evaporation. It will be interesting to see how the weather data will influence the pool level. I told my wife that it will automatically add water each day (no chance of leaving the hose on overnight) and I told her how it would be neat to have it adjust fill volume with the temperature… and she suggested that the rain might be more important. It’s neat to think that it may work out just by changing a boolean and making the fill program affected by weather adjustment. Awesome that it might be close to correct for little extra work by me.