OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Issues with weather data Reply To: Issues with weather data

natebarnz
Participant

Thanks for the response DaveC. I tried to use WireShark but couldn’t seem to find the api call. I’m capturing on the LAN for the OS internal ip address and see lots of UI related calls but nothing else. I’m sure i’m doing something wrong with it.

Although my firewall is the most basic I did disable it to see if it would work and it did not. I also tried making API calls from a PC on my local network and was able to see the response just fine. My firewall allows all responses from connections created from the internal network and I have no issues with any other internal calls that I’m aware of.

I’m not sure of the exact call that OS uses to query wunderground however I did try a few random ones with my api key and they were all successful. Does anyone know if the API call requires a callback? If so then even a basic firewall would certainly block the call back. I don’t see why a callback would be necessary since it appears you can get all the data you need from simple HTTP api requests that return formatted data in the response.

I’m really at a loss here. I’m starting to wish I installed the pi extension so I would have more access to see whats going on.

Any other suggestions would be great. Maybe an example of the internal API call would be useful here too, I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
-nate-