OpenSprinkler Forums Third-Party Software OpenHab support and Integration Pathways for OpenSprinkler Reply To: OpenHab support and Integration Pathways for OpenSprinkler

Ray
Keymaster

I know that someone has integrated OpenSprinkler with OpenHab in the past. But since the OpenSprinkler firmware has changed considerably since then (and probably OpenHab too), I am not sure if it’s still compatible.

I am glad to see there have been many interests in integrating OpenSprinkler with various home automation services / controllers (beyond OpenHab, there are also Vera, SmartThings, IFTTT etc.) Unfortunately implementing, maintaining, and testing these plugins require a lot of programming and engineering efforts. Samer and I both have daytime jobs and are not quite willing to quit our daytime jobs yet. It’s not that we are uninterested in extensions, we simply don’t have the cycles to work on them. So in the end, a lot of these extended capabilities will have to be implemented by users and shared with the community.