OpenSprinkler › Forums › OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware › Release date OS FW 2.1.6 (3) or 2.1.7 ? How to update to the current git ver? › Reply To: Release date OS FW 2.1.6 (3) or 2.1.7 ? How to update to the current git ver?
The updater already allows you to select which major version you want (i.e. 2.1.5, 2.1.6 etc.) However, it doesn’t allow you to select minor version (i.e. 2.1.6(1) or 2.1.6(2)). We generally always put the latest minor revision in the updater repository so that when upgrading you will always get the latest version.
2.1.6(3) is actually a small mistake by me because it should have been 2.1.7 — I committed it to the master branch and realized that it should have been in a separate branch. In any case, all changes in 2.1.6 have been inherited by 2.1.7, so it’s not a big issue.
I am hoping to get 2.1.7 released as soon as possible but got distracted as I decided to finish a new version of OpenSprinkler Bee (this is for latching solenoid valves) first. Some of the main changes in firmware 2.1.7 (including impelmented and planned ones) are
– allowing full second-level precision of programmed water time
– supporting for GPIO and HTTP stations for OS 2.3 AC/DC
– supporting using an external switch to trigger program run
– supporting pushingbox (which provides email and push notifications)
– making the firmware compilable under the latest version of Arduino (1.6.9)
– misc. bug fixing, and better handling of flow sensor
– possibly (not implemented yet) supporting pausing a program