OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Release date OS FW 2.1.6 (3) or 2.1.7 ? How to update to the current git ver? Reply To: Release date OS FW 2.1.6 (3) or 2.1.7 ? How to update to the current git ver?

Ray
Keymaster

@dun4cheap: ok, you raised a good point which I didn’t think about: that is, you use OpenSprinkler to switch lights, which can last the entire night. Since this program does not use weather, it should not prevent weather checking from being performed. So sure, this will be fixed in firmware 2.1.7.

Actually I just remembered why this check was done in the first place — because the weather checking returns time zone information together, I was trying to avoid the situation where a program is running and suddenly the time zone changed (because of Daylight Saving Time for example), and that would cause the actual program runtime to change. Of course this is a very rare situation, but this is what led to the decision of preventing weather checking during program run.

My state, Massachusetts, is now in drought. I heard some towns have banned watering using sprinklers all together (only hand watering is allowed…)