OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Opensprinkler 3.0 Reply To: Opensprinkler 3.0

matt.paxman
Participant

I got OpenSpinkler 3.0 in the last month or so and am *pumped* about getting it up and running. Sadly, I am getting a very odd behavior (or something I am ignorant of being normal 🙂 ); here’s the situation:
– I have the AC model, which came with the 24 VAC/1000 mA adapter.
– My solenoids are the appropriate 24 VAC ones, and trigger fine on my old timer. They originally ran maybe 2 or 3 times with OpenSprinkler as well.
– What I see now is that, with or without sprinkler station/common wires attached, measuring the current between the active station and Common starts at 19 mA (reported in the app as well) and then pretty rapidly drops from there as the timer counts down. The important part is that my sprinklers don’t trigger in this scenario (otherwise I don’t think I’d care too much about the amperage dropping down 🙂 ). The same things happens when I use a micro-USB as well.

What do you think? Funny power unit on the board? Some other component not doing its job?