OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler More than 2 Master Zones – Feature Request – OS3 Reply To: More than 2 Master Zones – Feature Request – OS3

middlesea
Participant

I have been using and promoting Open Sprinkler for hydroponic systems. I have installed Open Sprinkler units at 3 different locations and will probably install 2 or 3 more units at a couple more locations in the near future. So far everyone’s been really happy

I decided to bring this up again because I keep getting asked if it would be possible to add more master zones than 2. The reason my customers want this is because they have multiple reservoirs each with their own supply pumps. With Canada and multiple US States legalizing cannabis cultivation, it could be beneficial for you to think beyond just traditional applications for Open Sprinkler.

So far I have been extremely happy with using Open Sprinkler even though in some cases I have deployed 2 units where I could have gotten away with 1 unit – if more than 2 masters were supported. Besides having to buy 2 units, which is not that big of a deal, the worst part of day to day use is having to switch back and forth between the 2 units interfaces when things would be so much more fluid if it were possible for it to be contained in one interface.

I might consider at some point looking into making the modifications myself, but I just haven’t had the time to look into it yet. Thanks for hearing me out and perhaps thinking about adding the feature in the future