OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware I'm thinking Mr. Zimmerman didn't live where I live Reply To: I'm thinking Mr. Zimmerman didn't live where I live

franzstein
Participant

@fennsen Interesting approach. In regards to using forecast weather data, especially rain prediction I see some problems. I’m using Zimmerman since last year and don’t see any bigger issues. The parameters can be easily adjusted. For example I use a humidity base of 65%, which I found more suitable for German weather conditions. There is a chance of watering the garden in the morning and not taking the afternoon rainfall into account. Happened last Wednesday! But this situation is very rare and I can live with that. I see a bigger problem if rain is forecasted and never took place for consecutive days. This happened very often during our hot summer last year. With the Zimmerman Method using only historical data my garden green survived.
Nevertheless, it’s good to see some other approach and I’m well interested in your scripts.