OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Ambient Weather sensor data Reply To: Ambient Weather sensor data

Peter
Participant

Apologies if duplicated posting
——————————-
Jurgen, I have replicated your setup on my network “faking” a wifi PWS so hopefully near enough to the real thing. By doing this I found a couple of incorrect steps in my comments. I had forgotten to ask you to edit /etc/sysctl.conf in order to uncomment the line net.ipv4.ip_forward=1. I also didn’t realise the iptable command for a bridged connection is different:

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m physdev --physdev-in wlan0 -s <PWS IP> -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination <Weather Service IP:PORT>

I have created a full instruction document for this scenario and checked it into the OpenSprinkler github [HERE].

Could I ask a favor ? Would you be willing to start afresh with the Raspberry Pi Zero and see if you can follow the instructions in the link provided. I am keen to get something written down for this use-case so that others can more easily set this up. Let me know if you find any issues.