OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Clones Reply To: OpenSprinkler Clones

Ray
Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out. Not sure what their plan is. I personally don’t mind them selling clones. We don’t even ask them for their financial contributions, but they are quite unethical about giving us credit for software and hardware development. Their amazon product page does not mention OpenSprinkler anywhere — ‘OpenSprinkler’ only appears in the reviews, and appears in almost every post on their forum. I am not sure why they have to be so sneaky about it — when their customers get the product they will see that the software is OpenSprinkler, so I don’t understand why they can’t do the minimal ethical thing of acknowledging us for our contributions. In any case, at least we are not getting support tickets from their customers like a few years ago, so at least we are not also providing customer support for their systems, lol.

Just did a bit more research on this after I posted. It seems their ‘next generation’ product is in the plan since 2017:
https://www.tiaowiki.com/forums/d/7680-testers-needed-the-next-gen-of-tiao-smart-sprinkler-controller
so I don’t think this is any recent news.