OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee) Open Sprinkler Bee 2.0 Working as Remote Station Reply To: Open Sprinkler Bee 2.0 Working as Remote Station

Roger
Participant

jet11x — thank you for figuring out how to do this. I have a similar situation and was wondering how to get this to work. What I’d really like is to be able to use some kind of variable to insert the run time into the “On” command, so I can take advantage of the ETo calculation to drive the timing.

[In my situation I have an extensive sprinkler and drip irrigation system covering several acres. Since the original installation 15-20 years ago, lots of landscaping and paving have been added. The result is that I have no feasible way to run new zone wiring to additional valves. OSBee came to the rescue! I’m using what was the wiring for one of the zones to carry 24VAC (continuously on) to a 24VAC->5VDC step down power convertor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RE6QN4U) to power the OSBee. Both devices are mounted in a small Bud box that sits on top of a 3′ piece of plastic conduit. The old valve was replaced with three DC latching valves, allowing me to add two more zones. I intend to do this again to split another zone. Fortunately, I have an overabundance of wifi signal covering the entire property. The importance of your work is that I can control the entire system from a single interface in OpenSprinkler. Again, thank you for sharing your work with all of us!]

Rog