OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OS v2.0 w/Firmware v2.0.4 & Trying to Upgrade to v2.1.7.. lost. Help plz Reply To: OS v2.0 w/Firmware v2.0.4 & Trying to Upgrade to v2.1.7.. lost. Help plz

ostrichsak
Participant

I attempted the following command again from PowerShell:

avrdude.exe -c usbtiny -p m644 -U flash:w:firmware2.1.7.hex

I get a return of “The command avrdude.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type:” (at this point it basically tells me to add .\ to the beginning of the string which I do and run)

I then get an error that says “could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)”

Followed by: avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

So I feel like maybe I took a step forward here but one of my previous concerns mentioned in a previous post might be the culprit as far as how the laptop sees the device. As I stated previously, Hardware Manager doesn’t show USBtiny device but instead USBtinySPI with an exclamation point.

I found another thread online about a totally different device that said that if you have avrisp on the device (which I believe one of the install notes says is the case with the OS v2.0 hardware) you can substitute the “usbtiny” portion of the code with “avrisp” which I tried and I seem to get a little bit further but the error says that it can’t open the device “\\.\com1” The system cannot find the file specified.

Updated firmware shouldn’t be this difficult.