OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OS v2.0 w/Firmware v2.0.4 & Trying to Upgrade to v2.1.7.. lost. Help plz Reply To: OS v2.0 w/Firmware v2.0.4 & Trying to Upgrade to v2.1.7.. lost. Help plz

ostrichsak
Participant

Opening port 123 was something I did when I first bought this probably after reading/seeing something regarding network security or what I was running at the time. It’s carried over each time I did something with my network because it wasn’t broken so why fix it? This is why I asked earlier because I was going to remove it from my short list of open ports if it’s not required. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t necessary but given this aspect is directly related to this issue it seemed like a good place to ask.

It seems you’re now saying that this is unnecessary though so I can safely remove it and expect it to have no effect on this situation. I already deleted it the other day and my OS v2.0 is still keeping time (it appears to be off about 10min but not jumping around by decades like newer firmware versions) on firmware v2.0.4 so any insight as to why this is the case but not on the newer updated versions?