OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler After Power Fail OS booted to Wireless with Ethenet connected Reply To: After Power Fail OS booted to Wireless with Ethenet connected

DaveC
Participant

Ray, Thanks for the detailed info about how OS deals with the 2 network ports. Looking at my router’s boot log, the boot from the power fail, where the WAN had to come up too, took longer than 60s. I’ll switch to static addressing for now. I’m not concerned about managing a static address for OS. That said, I really like the network management niceties that come from using DHCP reservations and I may look at a local workaround:

My OS connects to an automation system which will let me know if the network connection to OS is down. Now that I understand how OS deals with the 2 network ports, I could add the ability for the automation system to understand that behavior. E.g. If the Ethernet address fails after some time period, try the wireless address. If successful, reboot OS to try to get back to the wired port (without looping, of course).

Thanks again,
Dave