I (and my wife) are facing the same problem after the recent App update on Android. It works in Browser (also mobile) but does not work with Basic Auth + SSL after upgrade:
IP was: myserver:99999/mylocation/
Then SSL and Basic Auth enabled.
On the OSPi in the Apache conf, I had:
Require user myuser
First I added simply this to this block:
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
but no success after restarting Apache and the App
Then I tried the snippet from the linked https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/ios-app-currently-not-working/#post-70047 IOS topic. But still no success.
So in the end I disabled the http auth in the app and on the Apache:
#Require user myuser
Then with disabled “Use Auth” in the App I could re-add the site again. Since I am using SSL/https anyway, I guess this is okay with just the simple OpenSprinkler password…