OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated) Re: Re: Mobile Web App for OpenSprinkler (w/Screenshots)

Samer
Keymaster

Reworked the automatic weather delay using some of @andrew’s suggestions. The system is much more simplified now! It has two options found within settings below the primary settings. The two options are enable/disable rain delay and how long of a rain delay when adverse weather is found.

Now that the system is active I will explain exactly how it works. When enabled, the system checks the weather every hour using Yahoo! services. It retrieves a special weather code defined here: http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/#codes. I then compare the current code against a defined list of adverse codes and reset codes. The selected codes are listed below. If an adverse code matches the current code and the system is enabled, a rain delay is automatically set based on the currently configured automatic rain delay setting (default is 24 hours). If a code matches a defined reset code, the rain delay is immediately removed.

Adverse Codes:

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,35,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47

Reset Codes:

If you need any further explanation let me know. Again, this is disabled by default.