Thank you @Zapp for your feedback. I am going to try and address some of your requests:
1) I don’t think the user needs to know what the WOEID is because this is unique to Yahoo! and honestly gibberish otherwise. I do think it would be nice to verify the location however historically this was only passed to the OpenSprinkler. Since I use it for weather now, it would be nice to verify it and I will look into that.
3) The dates, especially the logs, were picked on purpose. I needed the most compact date so on the iPhone the whole log line would only take one line of space. To be honest with you I don’t want to make the time format configurable, at least not any time soon. With that said, I have no problem changing the default method to something more people would enjoy. If that is 24 hour time format, let me know and I will make the change. I can’t use the status page’s method because it is too large.
Edit: I pushed an update that shows the weather information (including an image of the current type of weather). This replaces the tips section on the top of the main page. I also cache the WOEID now to prevent the extra HTTP request each time (since the lookup will be frequent). The lookup is done via AJAX so it should not slow down initial page load, waiting for the weather data from Yahoo. I also parse the location from Yahoo and display it, this can be used as a validation for now. I think this addresses points 1 and 2 and leaves point 3 which I am still trying to decide how to address.
Also, the temperature is in Fahrenheit right now but I think I will address the locale issues altogether (time format and measurement units).
The below screenshot shows the new weather as well as the redesigned home menu. Look forward to your feedback!
Wow! First I have to give you credit for listening and being so helpful. I didn’t actually believe in getting any of my requests fullfilled… This is like early Christmas…
1. Great, have yet to test the new version, will do that soon.
2. Image looks great, will have a look after this reply.
3. Time format and units in configuration would be fantastic and yes, I do like 24h time format.
I can also confirm that the rain delay is working. We have had rain here and the delay is active in my setup right now. 😀
EDIT: Looks perfect (except for my current weather, it could have been better…). Attached a screenshot…
EDIT 2: I have no idea of where my screenshot went! I’ll try again
EDIT 3: I totally suck on getting this screenshot to stick. How do you make it happen? I try Upload attachment but nothing happens… Better as in like sunshine 😆
EDIT 4: Last try then.