OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated) Re: Re: Mobile Web App for OpenSprinkler (w/Screenshots)

Zapp
Participant

Things that keeps me awake at night…

Well, having a hard time to sleep I’ve got lots of time to think and last night I merged my PVR system with OSPi. Just in my mind that is! 😆

I’m running a PVR system called MediaPortal with a TV server called ARGUS TV. To make a long story short(er)… ARGUS has the ability to connect to MSN/Skype and you can chat with the system…

ARGUS has it’s own MSN/Skype account and I have it added to my contacts. Whenever a TV recording starts or ends it will text me via MSN/Skype. I can also ask about ‘status’ and it will return the next few upcoming recordings and the current state of the system like if someone is watching live TV or a recording is active. I can also schedule new recordings through this MSN/Skype chat.

Now, merge the above with OSPi and you’ll probably find it to be quite similar in many respects.

💡
Wouldn’t it be great if you could chat with your OSPi, get info when a program is starting or ending and be able to create new programs?

It’s a thought anyway… It’s been almost 20 years since I wrote some code 😯 but I might do something about that, maybe… If anyone else is up for the challange, feel free.

To get a better idea of what you can do, here is a ‘List of commands:’ from ARGUS on MSN/Skype:

List of commands:

● ?,status

● al,alerts [ on | off ]

● ca,cancel

● del,delete schedule

● h,help

● m,more

● not,notifications [ on | off ]

● r,record
{ o,once | d,daily | w,weekly | wd,workingdays | we,weekends | a,anytime } [ new | all ]

(default is all episodes)

● s,search | (start with to search for numbers, e.g. 's 24')

● ch,show channels

● gr,show groups

● g,show guide [day-number]

● up,show upcoming { r,recordings | a,alerts | s,suggestions }

● tv,television | radio

● un,uncancel

EDIT: Looks like there at least is a Python msn lib to use :hint: http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/python-msnlib

/Jonas…