Thank you for the reply. The unit has been on Static IP since I took it out of the box and set it up last year. So no DHCP here.
Things were awesome until I went from 2.0 to 2.1 (over the Winter) and 2.6 (recently). I did not notice anything until I actually started the system back up in Spring.
Ray, I worry about the auto connect feature. I disabled that last weekend and the device actually came back several hours later with a new address in the 192.168.1.X range. Almost like it reset itself or like reconnect “off” means give up and reset the IP stack. Mind you, the device is configured for static IP and my network is not even on that subnet. It’s on 192.168.5.X.
Food for thought. Not sure if it’s relevant or not but I figured it may help us all troubleshoot the issue.