I think you are exactly right (the backup was bad). I want to add file support but making it work across all platforms is impossible. How about this: for devices supporting files use that instead of email but fallback to email when device unsupported. Also, I will add an import file button next to the import config button (like export) when files are supported. I will try to get around to this very soon as I understand having a file is much better, when possible.
Is there a reason your app is so far behind (1.1.6 beta)?
Update: Also for the logging, I just checked and mine work fine and also show previous logs. I think I know the issue and it’s related to your station count. I assume your logs have 24 stations and currently your controller was only reporting 8. Basically, the program only gets station IDs from the controller and it uses your current station names to re-map them. If you decrease your station count, then all stations above the current count won’t be shown.
Makes sense. . .or allow for pasting copied email config backup. . .then you could use that across all platforms. . .? I installed 1.1.6beta back when you were first testing some issues with manual control. I just don’t get to updating my apps constantly. . .if I don’t notice any problems, why upgrade. Also, the problems that appeared in 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 in connection with 2.0.8 kept me from wanting to upgrade as well.
I think you are correct about the logs. . .all my active stations are above 8, so that would be why I only saw a couple stations I had tested on and the rain sensor (which i don’t have).
The copy-paste isn’t a bad idea either and I will look into it, thanks!
The app didn’t have any real issues at 1.1.7 or 1.1.8 (however 1.1.9 has a copy program bug that I am about to push a fix for). Anyways, wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything specific. Thanks!