OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) sprinklers_pi – An alternative sprinkler control program Re: Re: sprinklers_pi – An alternative sprinkler control program

rszimm
Participant

@kenb wrote:

Just started to play with this package on my setup. I have 8 zones and no need for pump so wondering how difficult it is to modify to support 8 zones with the main board. Seems silly for me to need to buy an expansion. 😀

Ken, if you really want to get into the code, and you’re using the OpenSprinklersPi hardware, I think you only need look at core.cpp line 119 and maybe line 122. I believe that if you change the 16 to a 15 in line 119, you’ll have full 8 zones without the pump. I don’t have the hardware in front of me right now so I can’t try it out, but if you’re daring, give it a shot and let us know the results.

Keep in mind that if you make hard changes like this to the software, you’ll have to re-make them every time a new release is created. I will put this on the TODO list because a number of people have asked and it seems that the master/pump feature isn’t particularly widely used…