OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Opensprinkler 3.0

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #47386

    jdpmendes
    Participant

    I have failed to find the schematics for the 3.0. Any eta for github to be updated, etc?

    #47410

    matt.paxman
    Participant

    I got OpenSpinkler 3.0 in the last month or so and am *pumped* about getting it up and running. Sadly, I am getting a very odd behavior (or something I am ignorant of being normal 🙂 ); here’s the situation:
    – I have the AC model, which came with the 24 VAC/1000 mA adapter.
    – My solenoids are the appropriate 24 VAC ones, and trigger fine on my old timer. They originally ran maybe 2 or 3 times with OpenSprinkler as well.
    – What I see now is that, with or without sprinkler station/common wires attached, measuring the current between the active station and Common starts at 19 mA (reported in the app as well) and then pretty rapidly drops from there as the timer counts down. The important part is that my sprinklers don’t trigger in this scenario (otherwise I don’t think I’d care too much about the amperage dropping down 🙂 ). The same things happens when I use a micro-USB as well.

    What do you think? Funny power unit on the board? Some other component not doing its job?

    #47411

    blyon
    Participant

    Re. #47410: Have you tried the test with the micro-USB power removed altogether? It isn’t made to power your valves. The other test to perform is to wire a valve directly to the 24 VAC/1000 mA adapter, ideally with an ammeter to measure the current draw there. (All my valves require 400 – 500 mA.)

    #47416

    matt.paxman
    Participant

    I wish I could explain how I remember seeing only 19 mA when my stations were active, but I (thankfully) couldn’t replicate it last night, rather I’d get a jump up to ~480 mA and then settle in at 220-230 mA. Lastly, the majority of my stations *still* weren’t letting water out…it turned out to be stubborn valves – I adjusted one of the pressure mechanisms on the non-working stations and now they all gloriously work!

    #47735

    Ray
    Keymaster

    To respond to the original question about OS 3.0 schematic, it’s all here:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Hardware

    #47878

    jdpmendes
    Participant
    #47979

    Ray
    Keymaster

    OK, that link has been fixed.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Opensprinkler 3.0