This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

Just to confirm your device has been recieved and is currently being worked on. Ray will get back with you as soon as he has more information.

Thank you.

Rick
    Participant

That is good news

Thanks Samer

Dmitry
    Participant

Hi Ray. Once I assembled OpenSprinkler DIY Kit v1.4u and it worked fine for a year. But now I turned it on again and found the problem. OpenSprinkler does not respond to any signals, just lit display, no inscriptions on it does not appear.

Obviously the problem is in surge. One triac collapsed MAC97A8, I replaced it. But it nothing changed. What can you do in my situation?

With respect.
    Dmitry

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

My suggestion is to first check if the microcontroller is alive. For example, try to upload a firmware, or even simply run the following command (with USB cable plugged in):
    avrdude -c usbtiny -p m328p
    and see if there is any response. If the controller doesn’t respond to firmware update, or to the above command, it’s likely that the microcontorller is damaged. If you can’t figure out, send an email to [email protected] and we can follow up from there.

Ray
    Keymaster

@rick: The package has been received and the unit has been checked. To me it seems something on the SPI bus is interfering with the microcontroller. I took the microcontroller out, put it in a standalone chip programmer, and re-flashed bootloader to it. After that, I popped it back in and was able to upload firmware from the USB port. It’s not clear to me what was the original cause. It could be a soldering related issue, since this is a DIY kit, it could be a flash memory corruption issue. In any case, you will receive an email to arrange for return shipping.

Rick
    Participant

Thanks Ray
    did you zap the extra micro controller i put in the box for me ( i have a feeling it will happen again)

It is possible that a solder joint is faulty but i suspect something else may have caused the problem even lightning nearby.

I have taken care of the account.

Thanks

Rick

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, the extra microcontroller is also flashed with bootloader and firmware 2.1.4

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.