OpenSprinkler is an open-source, web-based sprinkler controller for lawn and plant watering, drip irrigation, farm irrigation, hydroponics etc. OpenSprinkler is accessible through any modern browser or via our free mobile app available for iOS, Android, Kindle, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry.
NOTE: this is the classic 24VAC version of OpenSprinkler. 24VAC transformer and WiFi adapter are NOT included by default. We recommend you to check our new DC powered OpenSprinkler (which includes a universal power adapter and is compatible with both AC and DC solenoid valves. It also provides more versatile power options, such as via USB or solar panel).
New: check out our new DC powered OpenSprinkler, which is compatible with both AC and DC solenoid valves and provides more versatile power options.
- Intuitive User Interface — no more messing with buttons and knobs, no more running to your garage to make a single change to your sprinkler programs. Instead, use web browsers and our free mobile apps to access OpenSprinkler from anywhere, whether you are at home, at office, or away traveling.
- Smart Control — our weather algorithm automatically adjusts your sprinkler run times using real-time weather data. It not only stops watering when it rains, but also adjusts the water time on a continuous scale based on your local weather conditions.
- Expandable — 8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion.
- Advanced Features— OpenSprinkler supports advanced features that you rarely find on other competitor products, such as support for remote stations, radio frequency (RF) stations, flow sensor, dual master stations, repeating program start times, multi-language support.
- Compatibility — OpenSprinkler is a drop-in replacement of conventional sprinkler controllers. It supports master zone / pump start relay, rain sensor, and has buttons and an LCD for manual control on the controller.
- Open-Source — OpenSprinkler is built on open-source software and hardware. Its design files are publicly available on Github. Our mission is to educate and to leverage community wisdom to help make the best sprinkler controller. If you have technical skills, you can extend its capability in any way you need.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Check out the OpenSprinkler Support page for tutorial videos, user manual, and API documentation.
- South African customers: check your local distributor here.
- One OpenSprinkler controller
Package DOES NOT Include:
In order to keep the best price for our customers, the following components are made optional add-ons:
- 24V AC Sprinkler Transformer (required power supply)
- If you have an existing sprinkler controller, you can reuse its 24V AC transformer. Sprinkler transformers are all standadized. Otherwise, just add one transformer to cart when you shop for OpenSprinkler.
- Wifi Adapter
- OpenSprinkler has a LAN/Ethernet port for web connection. If prefer using WiFi, just add one WiFi adapter to cart when you shop for OpenSprinkler. Alternatively, you can also use a powerline network adapter, also available on our online store.
- Input voltage: 22∼28V AC
- Number of zones: 8 on the main controller (up to 56 with zone expansion baords)
- Power consumption: 1∼1.5W
- Maximum output current: 800mA continuous (@24V AC) per zone, 6A impulse / inrush.