OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request – DD-MM option for GUI and OLED/LCD Display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

StudioShemp
    Participant

Hi,

In my on build of the firmware, I made a relatively simple change to optionally present the date on the OLED display as DD-MM.

To those of us in the parts of the globe that use DD-MM, the MM-DD format is not intuitive, and according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country is used little outside of the US and Canada. It seems a significant percentage of us natively use, and are more comfortable with DD-MM.

It seems to be another localisation (even our spelling is different…) option akin to Farenheit / Celcius, where one or the other is not common to some parts of the world.

Whilst the option in the firmware was fairly simple, and the GUI displays e.g. Apr 30 2023 which is also very digestible, I noted in the Date Range dialogue (spelling again…) that entry was in the MM-DD format.

If there’s a way to introduce a date format option in to the GUI in a future release, it would be greatly appreciated (I’m sure, by many)

Cheers,

StudioShemp

Ray
    Keymaster

Sure, this can be easily changed to provide an option for you to switch. I just didn’t think the OLED display is that important since most of the time users just look at their mobile app or web UI, most won’t go to the controller physically to check it.

StudioShemp
    Participant

Hi @Ray,

I absolutely agree the OLED/LCD is less important than the GUI. I changed the OLED because I saw it a lot whilst I was building, and realised there wasn’t a way to change the format other than to build it in to the firmware in the DD-MM format, which was pretty simple.

I use the GUI a lot more now of course, and again noticed the MM-DD format in the “Enable Date Range” input dialogue for setting up a new program.

If it’s possible to set a switch to change both GUI and display at some point, fantastic!

Cheers,

Alan

Ray
    Keymaster

Sure I’ve put it on our todo list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Feature Request – DD-MM option for GUI and OLED/LCD Display