OpenSprinkler is an open-source, web-based sprinkler controller for lawn and plant watering, drip irrigation, farm irrigation, hydroponics etc. OpenSprinkler is accessible through any modern browser or via our free mobile app available for iOS, Android, Kindle, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry.
NOTE: This is DC powered OpenSprinkler. The package includes a universal DC power adapter. It is designed to work with both standard 24VAC sprinkler solenoids as well as DC non-latching solenoids (e.g. 12VDC solenoids). The power options are very flexible: you can power it with a 5VDC USB adapter (through USB cable), or use the included DC adapter, or use solar panel (12VDC). For details about how this controller works, please refer to this blog post. For zone expander: this controller only works with DC zone expander (labeled DC).
If you prefer the classic 24VAC OpenSprinkler, check out our OpenSprinkler AC.
- Intuitive User Interface — no more messing with buttons and knobs, no more running to your garage to make a single change to your sprinkler programs. Instead, use web browsers and our free mobile apps to access OpenSprinkler from anywhere, whether you are at home, at office, or away traveling.
- Smart Control — our weather algorithm automatically adjusts your sprinkler run times using real-time weather data. It not only stops watering when it rains, but also adjusts the water time on a continuous scale based on your local weather conditions.
- Expandable — 8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion.
- Compatibility — OpenSprinkler is a drop-in replacement of conventional sprinkler controllers. It supports master zone / pump start relay, rain sensor, flow sensor, and has buttons and an LCD for manual control on the controller.
- Advanced Features — OpenSprinkler supports advanced features that you rarely find on other competitor products, such as support for remote stations, radio frequency (RF) stations, flow sensor, dual master stations, repeating program start times, multi-language support.
- Open-Source — OpenSprinkler is built on open-source software and hardware. Its design files are publicly available on Github. Our mission is to educate and to leverage community wisdom to help make the best sprinkler controller. If you have technical skills, you can extend its capability in any way you need.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Check out the OpenSprinkler Support page for tutorial videos, user manual, and API documentation.
- One OpenSprinkler DC controller
- One DC universal power adapter (input 100~240V)
Package DOES NOT Include:
In order to keep the best price for our customers, the following components are made optional add-ons:
- Powerline Ethernet Adapter (using your mains power line for Ethernet connection)
- WiFi Adapter (pocket-size WiFi adapter)
- Input voltage: DC adapter included (allowed input voltage: 5~12V DC).
- Number of zones: 8 on the main controller (up to 56 with zone expansion boards)
- Power consumption: 1∼1.5W