OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) is an extension board for Raspberry Pi (RPi 0; RPi 1 Model A+/B+; RPi 2; RPi 3). It allows RPi to directly access and control sprinkler valves. It comes with a set of laser cut acrylic enclosure.
Note: This version WILL NOT fit RPi 1 Model A or B. Also, if you plan to use RPi 3: due to the power consumption of RPi 3, you may need an additional USB adapter to power RPi 3 directly through its microUSB port.
- OSPi v1.43+ User Manual
- Laser cut Enclosure Assembly Instructions
- Instructions to Install OpenSprinkler Firmware
- This product requires prior experience with RPi, since you will need to install OSPi software on your own. If you are looking for a sprinkler controller that works out of the box, please check out the fully assembled OpenSprinkler.
- Comparisons of OSPi with other OpenSprinkler products.
- Single power supply design — the same 24V AC sprinkler transformer powers both sprinkler valves and RPi.
- Built-in real-time clock (RTC), A/D D/A converter (4 input and 1 output channels), rain/flow sensor terminal, zone expansion board connector, and transient voltage protectors.
- Expandable — one OSPi supports 8 zones; expandable to 56 with OpenSprinkler zone expansion boards.
- Control from anywhere — use any modern browser, or use our free apps for iOS, OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Automatic weather-based water time adjustments — use online weather data to auto-adjust water times based on temperature, humidity and rainfall.
- Open-source and customizable.
- One assembled and tested OpenSprinkler Pi board.
- Laser cut acrylic enclosure and screw terminal blocks.
Package DOES NOT Include:
- Raspberry Pi
- microSD card
- 24VAC Transformer (optional add-on)
- If you have an existing sprinkler controller, you can reuse the transformer.