Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jwim1
    Participant

Hi Ray, just received my opensprinkler 3.0 DC version and loving it.

I’m looking at incorporating a flow meter. I’ve read through the other topics, but just want to clarify that what I’m looking at will be ok.

https://au.banggood.com/1-Inch-Water-Flow-Sensor-Hall-Sensor-Switch-Flow-Meter-DN25-Brass-Water-Meter-Industrial-Turbine-Flowmeter-Water-Flow-Sensor-p-1556428.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

It’s a 3 wire hall effect flow meter. Red (+5v) will go to VIN, black to GND and yellow to SN1.

Does that sound about right?

Ray
    Keymaster

I didn’t see anywhere on the page that explains the color coding of the wires, so I can’t say for sure, but generally speaking, I assume red is 5V, black is GND, and yellow is signal (SN1).

Be careful that these types of flow sensors generate high pulse rate, and they may not work with OpenSprinkler 3.0 well — the technical reason is that due to some interrupt issues with ESP8266, the flow sensor reading is implemented by a method that combines interrupt and polling, so when the pulse rate is very high (like more than 100 per second), the controller may not be able to catch up with the fast pulse and so the flow reading can be inaccurate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.