OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) New feature suggestions: station description and flow rate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jking1224
    Participant

I suggest a couple of features to be added:

1. Enhance the station data to include a long text box of “Description”

The field would not affect operation or programs in any way, but would allow users to better document their system. I would desctribe in more detail the area being covered. I might document the number of sprinkler heads, their make/model, last time replaced, etc. Would give me place to document. Trying to jam that into just the name of the station is not practical.

2. Add flow rate per station.

Two values: number 9999.999 (3 decimals)

Units: gals/hr, liters/hr, gals/min, liters/min  (drop down choice of these 4)

Together, use this calculate the amount of water used per each station event. So, if station 1 runs for 15 mins and has a flow rate of 10.000 liters/hour, that would calculate to 2.500 liters used.

3. Add the quantity used to the log. So, additional column in the log based on the calculation of #2 above.

Then, I can download the log and tally total water used per month, per wekk, per station.

Dan in CA
    Participant

Very good suggestions!

It is a matter of having the time to implement it.

I think I will start a list of requested features and add it to the plugins wiki. If someone is looking for a project to work on that would give them some ideas.

Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) New feature suggestions: station description and flow rate