I successfully setup my wireless TP Link router in client mode to my OpenSprinkler 2.3 (with 2.1.6 Firmware) following the video instructions. I was able to log into the web app successfully using the osip shown on the OpenSprinkler screen. My problem is when I went back to log in a few days later, I wasn’t able to connect. I went out and checked the OpenSprinkler and found that the osip had changed. Why is it changing?
For reference I’ve linked the TPlink to another range extending wireless router. Should I be connecting it directly (wirelessly) to main main router?
how do You have configure the Wireless-Router? You must disable its DHCP-Server, if You have another Router (Your main Router) with DHCP active.
The best and easyist way is disable DHCP on Your OS an give him a static IP adress:
e.g. main router is 192.168.0.1 an OS should be 192.168.0.100 and HTTP-Port 80:
Enable DHCP: No
DNS server.ip1: 192
DNS server.ip2: 168
DNS server.ip3: 0
DNS server.ip4: 1
We generally recommend setting fixed IP using the router’s DHCP reservation feature. You can bind a fixed IP to OpenSprinkler’s MAC address. If your router doesn’t support this feature (which would be quite rare as most modern routers support this feature), you can set a static IP on OpenSprinkler itself.
I have a related issue where I have tried to use the routers DHCP reservation feature but it gives an error that says the MAC address displayed on my OpenSprinkler 3.0 is an invalid MAC address (2C-3A-E8-08-11-4A). Looks ok to me so not sure why it doesn’t work but a real pain trying to find the correct IP address each time I need to access the Android app.
Also I have an OpenSprinkler Bee (I’m an OS fan boy!) and I cannot find the MAC address on this device and my router doesn’t report it but I would like to also fix the IP for this one as well.