OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OS V3 Power regulation chip popped after upgrade

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

maileys
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wonderiong if anyone has seen this before…

I attempted to upgrade my OSV3 to 219R1 a few days ago and lost connection and suspected the firmware upgrade was successful and that I was needing to reconfigure – then I was distracted by the kids. I checked the physical OSV3 and saw the screen was blank and tried to removed the power and replace and then removed all other comnnections (valves/rain sensor) and tried power again but still no luck.

I took the unit apart and removed the ESP section and powered via USB and everything is working as expected, however looking at the power board I see one of the ICs has popped like a volcano (picture attached)

I guess my questions now are;
    – Has anyone else seen this?
    – Did this have anything to do with the upgrade (I can’t really see how that is possible)
    – Can I order just the power board?

Thanks again,

Saxon

Ray
    Keymaster

Well, this cannot possibly be caused by upgrading firmware — the IC chip popping is gotta be a hardware-related problem and should have nothing to do with firmware update. So it’s probably a co-incidence that it happened more or less at the same time with the firmware update.

You can send a support ticket at support.opensprinkler.com. From the look of the board, this seems revision 0 of OS 3.0. We do still have a few replacement power boards and will respond to your support ticket once it’s in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OS V3 Power regulation chip popped after upgrade