Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

Hi,

i using a Beagleboard for my opensprinkler. I want to use some GPIOs and updatet to the last software. But the GPIOs Button is gray. Is there a way to activate GPIOs for OSBO?

thanks, David

Peter
    Participant

David, the GPIO Station feature is only written for Raspberry Pi GPIO pins and will be enabled on OSPi once Ray has checked over my code. The OSPi changes are pretty straight-forward and it might be possible to extend for Beagleboard. But I dont have access to an BB/OSBO for developing/testing ao it is a bit out of my reach. I know the aim of OpenSprinkler is to have a consistent set of features across the supported platforms so happy to collaborate on this if you – or perhaps another OSBO owner – are able to help develop. Pete

David
    Participant

hey,

thanks for the quick response.

Where can i find the GOIO settings in the code and how can i activte it in the software. If it works, so i share it with you! the BB has a huge number of GPIOs.

Peter
    Participant

Great, drop me an e-mail and we can see if we can get it working. Cheers, Pete

David
    Participant

Hey Peter,

i see the BBB just have 3.3v at a GPIO. this is not enough for a realsboard 🙁 i test it…

so i have switch from my BBB to a raspberyy.

Peter
    Participant

David, the Raspberry Pi also uses 3.3v logic on gpio pins. This is generally sufficient to trigger standard 5v logic (or at least it works with all the relay boards that I have). I think BBB also provides a 5V rail if you need to power as well as trigger a relay board. Curious which relay board you are looking at and how your testing went. Pete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.