OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi get internal server error after trying to manually run a program

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rudolph Terblanche
    Participant

How do I enable debugging to find out what’s wrong

Installed latest patches from git and updated OS after the initial install for the image.

I can access the interface without issues. Do everything. But as soon as I run a program or auto run a program I get an internal server error immediately afterwards. 

If I change to the other control program – sprinklers –  I can control all the zones and everything works.

Just when I try OSPi through the mobile app or web interface I get this internal server error  after enabling/running a zone.

How can I debug these errors?

Thanks Rudolph

Samer
    Keymaster

There is a bug when upgrading OSPi regarding the configuration that causes the station count total to be incorrect and an internal server error is returned because the index for the station names is incorrect.

The best way I’ve found to resolve this issue is to just delete the directory and use a clean install. Backup your configuration before either using the mobile app or noting your programs and settings.

Rudolph Terblanche
    Participant

Cool will try it tonight when I have access to the PI.

Just a quick question . I don’t get any error or problems when the pi isn’t connected to the sprinklers.

Only get issues when I connect it.

How can I enable debugging so if I still have the issues after the reinstall, I can post a debug log.

Samer
    Keymaster

If you run the Python program manually it will dump its output into the console. To do this navigate to the directory where OSPi is located and run the following command:

python ospi.py

If any errors occur you should get a full trace back.

Rudolph Terblanche
    Participant

Nope. Deleted the version I had installed and did a reinstall from GIT.

Still the same problem that it crashes whenever I try to enable a zone. Unfortunately I am struggling to get debug info.

When I run it not connected to the sprinkler valves it enables correctly without crashing. Also doesn’t crash with Sprinklers.

Funny thing I did notice is that when it crashes I loose console access and even wifi access for a certain amount of time (This is why I am struggling with debug info). Can there be a link to the wifi adapter ? Going to try and source a 25m ethernet cable just to test.

My unix skill are a bit rusted. Can somebody send me the command to pipe output into a file. Used the following but the output files was empty.

sudo python opsi.pi > output.txt

Thanks Rudolph

Samer
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure what’s going on to be honest. Hopefully Dan can shed some light on what might be going on.

Rudolph Terblanche
    Participant

Ok. Looks like there are a clash between the WIFI adapter and the interval program.

Plugging an eth cable into the PI solved my problems.

Just funny that interval had issues and sprinklers doesn’t. Will try and debug more but for now it’s working on wired

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi get internal server error after trying to manually run a program