OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Remote Access with two sites

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Armando
    Participant

I’m having some difficulty connecting to my second opensprinkler through the iOS app. The first site works well, I can connect remotely, but the second opensprinkler will only connect on the network, remotely it doesn’t work. I’m on Cox, using their modem and an Apple Airport router. I think I have set up everything correctly, but for some reason it won’t connect. Any ideas on how I should start to troubleshoot this?

Ray
    Keymaster

I assume you mean setting up port forwarding for the two OpenSprinklers. If they are on the same network, please note that when you set up port forwarding, each must have a different external port. Otherwise when you access them remotely, they will have the same external port number, and there would be no way to distinguish between them. For example, let’s say your external IP is 12.34.56.78, you can set up port forwarding so that port 80 maps to the first OpenSprinkler, and port 81 maps to the second OpenSprinkler. Then you can use 12.34.56.78:80 to access the first, and 12.34.56.78:81 to access the second.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Remote Access with two sites