OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Remote Zones, Master Valves and Flow Meters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

imboeschi
    Participant

I have an OpenSprinkler 3.0 and want to extend it to control zones that get water from a different supply.

I read about remote zones and that sounds ideal – I could use a second OS controller and so long as they’re both on the same network the first controller could control zones on the second controller using remote zones. However I want the second controller to have its own flow meter and master valve.

In that configuration, will turning on a remote zone on the second controller trigger the master valve on the second controller as well, assuming it’s configured as a master valve for the remote zone on the second controller?

Secondly, will logs I query with the API on the second controller reflect the flow rates on the second controller’s flow meter? I assume the answer is yes but would like confirmation. It would be even better if the first controller logged the flow rates from the second controller’s flow meter, but I fear that’s too much to ask for!

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

1) Yes, turning on a remote zone on the second controller will trigger its own master valve, if one is configured.

2) No, the log on master controller will not reflect the flow rates on the second controller, because the only communication between master and remote controllers are the turning on/off zone commands sent from master controller. This is one-way communication, the master controller does not read any data from the remote controller. However, flow information will be logged on the remote controller.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Remote Zones, Master Valves and Flow Meters