OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler View log problems in 3.0 DC with Firmware 2.1.7

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

massimiliano.casini
    Participant

Hello,

At the moment I can not see the logs. The page always in loading.

My opensprinkler is 300 Km away fro mmy house …

In HW 3.0 the SD card is default installed?

I have opened ticket to support since 2 days …

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks, regards

Attachments:

richardgedwards
    Participant

I’m having a bit if trouble responding. So here I go again. Try this Link

Just keep in mind you will lose your data.

massimiliano.casini
    Participant

I will try as soon possible.

Thanks

massimiliano.casini
    Participant

Hi Richard,

at the moment the problem is solved called API with parameters:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dl?pw=****&day=all

You know from what may depend on the log crashed?

Best Regards

GregoryNeefs
    Participant

Same problem here with AC version. Loading the logs won’t work.
    It keeps loading and then it’s telling me there is an error.

I’ve just cleared the logs now. Let’s see what it does…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  GregoryNeefs.

richardgedwards
    Participant

I don’t know what causes the log crash, however the problem began for me after I installed a flow sensor and enabled it. Hopefully someone who knows a bit more about the firmware will respond.

Ray
    Keymaster

If the logging problem started after installing a flow sensor, then I suspect the issue is that there is too much log data that exceeded the flash memory space allocated to data storage (which is 1MB by default). If you have a way to roughly estimate how much there there is on an average day, please let me know so we can figure out how much data is accumulated. We will probably have to implement a way to erase old log data when too much is accumulated. Of course there is also the possibility that the SPIFFS (flash) library has a bug causing this, which we can investigate further.

Marco83
    Participant

I have the same issue!
    Where is the SD card located on 3.0?

massimiliano.casini
    Participant

After ten days of normal functioning in which I saw the logs, starting from today they are blocked again.
    Now I have performed the reset again and I will see if the logs will work properly again.
    The ten connected stations are started in average one time a day so I have about ten events per day. Could you please simulate this scenario in your lab as well? Is it possible that nobody has the same problem? How amount the storage memory for logs 1 or 3 MB?

richardgedwards
    Participant

This seems consistent with what I have also seen. Ill also reset mine again and see if i can tell when the problems start to occur.

Peter
    Participant

OK, so I too had this problem. I took a look at the logs on my OSPi and found a few strange entries across the last 6 months of files:

[254,4,120,1485693673, inf]
    [99,4,120,1485696549, inf]
    [99,4,120,1485697194, inf]
    [99,4,120,1485698351, inf]
    [4,4,108,1486404109, inf]
    [4,4,117,1487008918, inf]

If you have a flow meter enabled then the final field should be the flow rate associated with the station run. I think the “inf” could be the result of a divide by zero error and the log entries are rejected by the App and trigger the UI error message. Removing these lines resulted in successful logs being displayed for me in the UI. Looking at the code, this could happen if you have a Flow Meter enabled and short duration/low flow runs (my station 4 is just a single dripper for < 2 minutes).

I would be interested to know if this is the same issue as mentioned above and in #46873. To check, on OSPi, you can login to the Pi, change into the log directory and type “grep inf *” to see if any of your logs have this. On OS (and OSPi), you can use the web api to download all of the logs by typing “http://os_ip:8080/jl?hist=300” into a web-browser (may need MD5 password hash if enabled) and take a look. You can then delete just the individual daily files rather than the entire log history. Let me know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler View log problems in 3.0 DC with Firmware 2.1.7