OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Zimmerman Method – feature request

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RottenMutt
    Participant

OpenSprinkler is pull my weather station data from WU and calculated a run time is 6%. Rather then having my sprinklers go off every other day for a short period of time, I would like it if I could set a minimum run percentage where OpenSprinkler would skip watering until the cumulative run percentage adds up to something greater then the minimum run percentage and a watering occurs at the cumulative percent of time.

Ray
    Keymaster

Currently the firmware does skip station runs if the watering percentage is very small and if the effective water time (after multiplying the watering percentage) is very short. I looked up the code and here is the logic:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/blob/master/main.cpp#L443

If I understand it correctly, you want to accumulate the water time and have the stations run if the accumulated water time is larger than a certain threshold. Is that correct?

mcmuller
    Participant

I grab this thread for a similar idea: What if we could set a “minimum Zimmerman percentage per station”? I have diffrent types of irrigation: Plants, Lawn, Vegetables. The lawn should only be watered when Zimmerman says 80% plus, the plants should be watered at 30% plus and the veggies always.
    I think of having a “year-round” setting, without the need of switching sttions on/off during seasons.

Greetings,
    Gregor

Ray
    Keymaster

There is no technical barrier to this: it’s just that this seems a per-station attribute, so it’s going to add a lot of parameters and the UI needs to be changed to allow users to edit these parameters. I am not sure how many users will actively take advantage of this feature.

Luke Howell
    Participant

This feature would solve my problem. I think it would be very useful.

Thomas Schuett
    Participant

useful for me too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Zimmerman Method – feature request