OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Penmen-Monteith ETo method python script for possible use as weather script Reply To: Penmen-Monteith ETo method python script for possible use as weather script

hplato
Participant

Got it. So I’ve updated my interface to Misterhouse to allow for running an external script and then uploading the data to a specific program. So far it’s working. Thanks again for your help with this.

Two quick things to confirm my understanding.
– So for this to work, the script needs to run at least once a day to upload the new start and runtimes to a program. I think you mentioned running it every 15 minutes, however I don’t know how that helps, since really it just needs the data before midnight to calculate the morning schedule?
– Since this dynamically adjusts a program, the program needs to be set to run every day, correct?

Also, since I call this as an external program I needed to make a few slight changes so that the site libs are found, as well as a path to the output. Here’s my updated file as well as a bash script I use to call the program.

Attachments: