Have you ever unintentionally left your garage door open after leaving home, and got stressed or worried about it? OpenGarage comes to rescue! With OpenGarage, you can monitor the door status, close or open it from anywhere, check history, get notifications, and even delegate it to auto-close the door with the automation feature. OpenGarage is an open-source, universal garage door opener. It has built-in WiFi and cloud support. The hardware is based on the ESP8266 WiFi chip.
EU (particularly German) customers: check this page for OpenGarage EU distributor.
- Universal WiFi garage door opener. (Note: Security+ 2.0 systems requires a compatible adapter or remote).
- Built-in web interface for local access and configurations.
- Remote access through cloud-based app for iOS and Android.
- Support for logging, history graph, push notifications, and automation feature.
- Built-in ultrasonic distance sensor, button, relay, sound alarm.
- Open-source product, with spare digital/analog pins for adding additional sensors or components.
- One assembled and tested OpenGarage controller with enclosure.
- One 6ft microUSB cable.
- One 6ft door button wire (2-conductor).
Optional add-ons (NOT included by default):
- USB wall adapter (if you can’t find a spare USB adapter)
- Security+ 2.0 add-on (for garage door systems with a yellow learn button and antenna).
Links and Resources: