OpenGarage is an open-source, universal garage door opener. It has built-in WiFi and cloud support. The hardware is based on the ESP8266 WiFi chip.
Note: we’ve recently found a technical issue with Blynk’s QR code scan feature that makes the Blynk app not work properly on some iOS devices. The symptom is that the app can receive push notifications but the distance value, read count, and LCD widget are not updating. Please check this forum post for solutions. This seems to only affect iOS devices.
- Universal WiFi garage door opener. (Note: Security+ 2.0 systems require a compatible door button or remote).
- Built-in web interface for local access and configurations.
- Remote access through cloud-based app for iOS and Android.
- Logging and history graph features.
- Built-in ultrasonic distance sensor, LED, button, buzzer (audible alarm).
- Open-source product, with spare digital/analog pins for adding additional sensors or components.
- One assembled and tested OpenGarage controller with enclosure.
- One 6ft microUSB cable.
- One 6ft door button wire (2-conductor).
Optional add-ons (NOT included by default):
- USB wall adapter (if you can’t find a spare USB adapter)
- Security+ 2.0 add-on (for garage door systems with a yellow learn button and antenna).
Links and Resources: