OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler with advanced environment sensing and water management Reply To: OpenSprinkler with advanced environment sensing and water management

adamrecht
Participant

Hello – I’m new to OpenSprinkler so please be gentle if this is a stupid question. I’m right in the middle of setting up a 4-zone system based around OSPi, with a master valve and then a flow meter on the manifold input.

Earlier in this thread Shawn said “the OS firmware does have the ability to send messages out when certain alarm conditions are met. If you wish to have an SMS message sent with High, Low or No flow conditions this can be done and is still included in the base firmware”. This is exactly what I want! Can someone point me in the right direction on how to set it up? Is it to do with IFTTT or something else? All the fancy ET calculations are probably more than I need at the moment.

My holiday home just got flooded because my (dumb, pre-OSPi) irrigation system had no way of knowing a pipe had sprung a leak and was showering the back door every time the water got turned on, so I’m keen to sort it out to prevent this kind of thing happening again.

Thanks for any steer you can offer…

Adam