OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Pressure sensor for pump prime and filter clogging monitoring Reply To: Pressure sensor for pump prime and filter clogging monitoring

JimS
Participant

Appreciate the reply and understand you can’t add every possible option to the program. Just hoping someone else has done something similar that I can leverage. Or even a simple script that does something different that will get me started. Looks like a script is the way to go for this.

Still don’t see why you are suggesting the rain sensor input or how it might work. It seems totally unworkable to me but perhaps there are details of how the rain input works that I am missing. As I see it the two possible scenarios are:

If the rain sensor input is set up as active high (high level indicates rain and shuts off system)
With pump off pressure is zero so the rain sensor is inactive allowing the pump to start. Once pressure builds up it registers as rain and shuts the unit off. I am not sure if shutdown would be immediate or just disable the next cycle. If for the next cycle the pump would be off and reset the sensor input and allow it to start again. If the pressure signal goes away while running the rain signal would go away and not shut down the pump.

The other option is if the rain sensor input is set to active low (low level indicates rain and shuts off the system).
With pump off there is no input to the sensor input which shuts down the system. So it never starts.