OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Manually advance zone, change station run time, sequential groups, … Reply To: Manually advance zone, change station run time, sequential groups, …

Greg G
Participant

Great! Sounds good. One more app UI idea I just thought of…when editing a zone in a program, it would be useful to have a previous and next zone button, maybe toward the top of the dialogue. (I edited a screenshot to get a basic idea of how it might look.) It could just be an arrow, or it could say something like “previous” or “next.” Actually, it could be a swipe left or right too, but I think a button is more in keeping with the current design of the app. The button only would probably be my preference.

I would find this extremely useful since I edit my zone times frequently. Having a “next” or arrow button, where I basically stay right in that dialogue box mode would be more efficient than having to go out of the dialogue, having reorient my eyes to find the next zone on the list, and then tap it.

Anyhow, the app is great! I love being able to see all the zone times at once on the Edit Programs screen (something not possible with an old irrigation controller like I had). When editing a station time it’s very cool to have the ability to click the plus or minus for a quick time change. But then there is also the option to click the number, and then the number pad comes up, to facilitate a more drastic time changes. I also like how if you click on the number to edit, it goes back to zero, so a time can quickly be zero’d out. These implementations are perfect! I feel my “next/arrow button” would further capitalize on these efficiencies.