OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Can’t seem up install drivers to update firmware Win7 Re: Re: Can’t seem up install drivers to update firmware Win7



Sorry for the delayed response. Forgot I had this tab open.

@ray wrote:

I’ve never seen this happening. Since the LCD and the webpage both pulls time value from the controller’s internal variable, I can’t thinking of any reason that would cause what you described. Is it still the case or it’s now in sync?

I just double checked and it indeed still says ‘TUE’ on the screen even though the date (4/16) and time are both accurate. I even accessed the device remotely and it shows the correct day and date. I’m not sure how only the display seems to show a different day. It’s not mission critical really but still…

@ray wrote:

The PORT# is never adjustable on the controller (i.e. using buttons) — you need to change it through the web interface (on the options page). This is due to a rather technical reason that the port number is stored in 2 bytes and all options that are editable on the controller are single bytes.

Like I said, I wasn’t sure if this was something I remembered adjusting from the device or not but I do recall adjusting it almost immediately so I guess I thought maybe I had done it from the controller itself. It makes sense that I probably did it remotely once I got it on the network so this is no change from default then.

@ray wrote:

Indeed the MAC has been changed (it’s a rather accidental change when I worked on the firmware code).

I see. I thought with the other things I was losing my mind here. I have dynamic static MAC routing enable don my router so it had assigned IP & port preferences to the previous MAC and I wasn’t sure why it wasn’t jiving until I did a discovery from my router again and say a new MAC address for the controller. Once I made this adjustment all was right with the world but prior to that it really had my scratching my head.

@ray wrote:

It should wake up on button press. Perhaps the controller was busy doing something when you click on the buttons. If this is a reproducible issue, I can check.

I just double checked this as well and it appears as though the buttons are waking it up again. Not sure what was happening but that behavior appears to have resolved itself after a combination of resets, reboots and some time.

@ray wrote:

The button images have been removed but will be added back in future firmwares. The reason they are removed is that the web interface of firmware 2.0.4 (mainly javascripts and images) can be served entirely locally from a microSD card. The factory default is to retrieve javascripts and images from the server, but if needed these files can be moved to a microSD card and served on the controller itself. When this happens, it’s better to minimize web traffic by reducing the number of files. It’s pretty easy to set the remote javascripts to serve extra images and the microSD card version to not. I just haven’t got around time to make two different versions.

Understandable and I figured it was something like this since the new app and web app offered much GUI in comparison to the previous anyway. It seems that those who want a fanciful GUI can hit up the app and those who want a basic interface can have that via remote access directly. Makes sense.

@ray wrote:

This is correct. The device ID is not appended at the end of the name because if you have multiple opensprinklers connected on the same network, you will be able to tell them apart this way.

Yeah, I figured as much.